I Heart Boy Curtains

Oh boy, never did I think that I would love curtains like I love the boy’s room curtains.

First…you already know that the room was painted with the lower 33% a darker blue and then the upper third white.  So the curtains by default needed to be more white.  I don’t know why I thought that but I did.  I guess I didn’t want the whole space to be crazy dark.

And then I found it.  The perfect fabric for my boy’s big boy room.  It’s Lacefield Designs Zoe Navy fabric and I instantly was completely obsessed.  It’s normally $40 a yard and I saw some at my local discount fabric store.  I FREAKED THE HECK OUT.  Like seriously made a scene and was throwing fabric this way and that just to get to it.  Think fat girl in a donut factory….except pregnant girl in a fabric store.  Since the discount fabric store only has remnants, I took the giant wad of it to the measure line and prayed that there was ten yards.

Nine and a half.  SOLD TO THE GIRL CRYING ON THE FLOOR.  (because that is what happens when you believe with your whole heart that you can make four panels out of nine & a half yards…you cry….in public….as your children pretend they don’t know you.)

The best part?  The discount fabric store sells all remnants at $3 a yard.  So my $400 dream fabric window coverings cost me a whopping $30.  Seriously.  I am not kidding.  Don’t kill me out of jealousy.  My newborn needs to eat and my boobs won’t work without me.  IT WAS CRAZY.  Best day ever.

So this picture is with my cell phone….all these crappy ones are….and you can see how well it ties in with the new wall color and the bed and the bedding.

I did the lazy way out when it came to doing the panels.  I actually used the $10 panels that were already there as my lining.  They were from Ikea and I had already sewn the little hooks in the top so I didn’t want to redo them.  I simply laid the new fabric out and put the panel on the back and marked/pinned where everything needed to go.

This is a confusing picture because I had the liner on top of two pieces of fabric….but you can see where I folded the fabric in and pinned it in place.  I did that with both sides before ironing and then sewing the sides.  Then I just sewed the tops together and hung them up.

I seriously need a new machine though.  This one is the cheapest one ever and I can’t adjust anything anymore without it eating my thread.  Seriously…the tension doesn’t even work and I don’t wanna pay $100 for a ‘check up’ when I could buy a new machine for that much.  Do you guys have any recommendations for an inexpensive but decent machine?  I need to know.

After it was all said and done, I hung up those bad boys and I LOVE THEM WITH MY WHOLE HEART.  I didn’t have the guts to hem them so I puddled them on the ground and I gotta say…I like the puddles.

So that is where we are at now….knock curtains off the list.  Next up…those costume boxes I promised!  Can’t wait!

Barganier Masonry T2 Tumblr Feed via http://www.bowerpowerblog.com/2015/06/i-heart-boy-curtains/
Barganier Masonry via http://barganiermasonry.tumblr.com/post/122809117109


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s